I found a list of some of them at Wesley Treat's Roadside Resort. Visit the website for cemetery photos and read some great stories and legends, too.
- Tullahassee Creek Indian Cemetery – Sand Springs, Oklahoma
- Burr Cemetery – Commack, New York
- Bettis Family Cemetery – Memphis, Tennessee
- Mystery Cemetery – Warner Robins, Georgia
- Crowley Mausoleum – Decatur, Georgia
- Family cemetery at Yorktown Mall – Lombard, Illinois
- Ayres Cemetery, motel parking lot, 2500 Block of Scott Street – Fort Worth, Texas
- Cemetery in front of liquor store and Giant grocery store – Gainesville, Virginia
- Cemetery at the Carolina Mall – Concord, North Carolina
- Cemetery in front of the Cinemark – Mansfield, Texas
- Cemetery at the Palisades Mall – West Nyack, New York
- Gash Cemetery at Metro North Mall – Kansas City, Missouri
- Cemetery on the edge of a strip mall center along Route 157 – Edwardsville, Illinois
- Henderson Family Cemetery – Lilburn, Georgia
- Melvin-Lewis Cemetery off Parker Road and Orchard Road – Aurora, Colorado
Many times, these small cemeteries do not have official records or caretakers. The only records they have are their headstones. Wouldn't it be great if we could help preserve these cemeteries and make their records available for research?
Does anyone live near these Parking Lot Cemeteries? Grave Mappers is asking for your help! Let's get these cemeteries mapped on Names in Stone!
If you have access to the cemeteries, but are unable to do the mapping, let us know. We'll be glad to help! Also, if you know about other parking lot cemeteries, we'll add them to our list. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.